Employee food gifts can make your workers’ day. Naturally, you want to express appreciation and make employees feel valued—after all, they’re the reason your business is successful!
In “Want Happier Employees? Feed Them,” Inc. contributor and HR expert Suzanne Lucas writes,
“Sometimes making your employees happy can be as simple as arranging for bagels in the morning or sandwiches at lunch.”
Lucas’ statement is well-founded — she references Seamless survey data. In the report, 60% of respondents state that food at the office would make them feel more “valued and appreciated.” 40% of respondents also said that food in the office “could reduce stress.” Why? Because company-sponsored meals (or snacks!) encourage employees to take a break and eat together. This allows them to refresh their workday, connect with coworkers, and build community and shared responsibility.
The numbers are in and employees have spoken! Employee food gifts are an excellent expression of workplace gratitude and employee appreciation.
Fun Employee Food Gifts
Convinced? Don’t worry, employee food gifts don’t need to break your bank — just get creative. (Psst — In this Small Business Trends article, staff writer and web researcher Tabby McFarland suggests not one, not two, but 18 employee gift ideas!)
Here are our latest favorite resources on individual employee food gifts, from extravagant to affordable:
- Italian Lunch Gift Basket from Cherry Moon Farms. This cotton-lined wooden crate is packed for an old-world culinary experience: herb salami, roasted almonds, picholine olives, double chocolate biscotti, romanello cheese, flatbread, and more!
- Gifts.com Retro Candy Gift Tower—A blast from the past full of sugary goodness Salt water taffy, Fun Dip, Frootie Tooties, Fizzies, candy necklaces, and more!
- Dinner for two and a movie with Pleasant Surprises’ gift box as suggested by Business Insider careers editor Jacquelyn Smith and reporter Aaron Taube in this article. The package comes with pasta, marinara sauce, snacks, and two passes to any AMC theater.
- And anyone would appreciate cookies, either homemade or perhaps from the Momofuku Milk Bar for as little as $12.
- What about a candy jar for an employee’s desk, such as a stylish mason jar filled with their favorite candies?
- Or, as Esquire staff suggests in “10 Flavorful Gifts for Foodies,” you can buy local.
- What about iconic, locally produced treats? For example, Portland company Bee Local Honey runs hives around the city, each with its own incredible taste and pedigree. You’ll never believe something so amazing can come from a backyard!
Can’t decide? Let people choose their own employee food gifts. You can order gThankYou! gift certificates for groceries, candy, ice cream, pizza, and more! Send them with our free, customizable enclosure cards. Your workers can choose what they want at their convenience.
However you choose to do so, say it with food. Employee food gifts delight all!
For more great tips and insights into building a vibrant culture of engagement and recognition, be sure to download our free e-book, “The Top 20 Employee Engagement Blogs You Should be Reading.”
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Gift Certificates and Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou! are two of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any Brand (Turkey or Turkey Or Ham), at virtually any Grocery Store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and our free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo. And, nearly all orders ship same day.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Contact: Rick Kiley, Chief ThankYou! Officer, gThankYou, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-484-1658.
Follow the Company Blog – “Celebrating Work”.
Join the Conversation @gThankYou
Watch our gThankYou! YouTube Video – “Learn More About Us”.
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.
Learn More About gThankYou!