The practice of corporate gifting has a long and storied history. In fact, it can be traced back to the ancient Egyptians, who would give gifts to their employees and clients as a way of showing appreciation and goodwill. In the early days of corporate America, gift-giving was largely limited to high-level executives and clients. However, as businesses grew and competition increased, the practice of corporate gifting began to spread to all levels of the workforce.
Today, corporate gifting is used by businesses of all sizes to build relationships, show appreciation, and motivate employees.
Corporate Gifts Business Plan
If you are considering implementing a corporate gifting program, it is important to have a clear plan in place. This plan should consider:
- Your goals for the program: What do you hope to achieve by giving gifts to your employees and clients?
- Your budget: How much money are you willing to spend on the program?
- Your target audience: Who will you be giving gifts to?
- Your gift selection: What types of gifts will you be giving?
- Your delivery method: How will you deliver the gifts?
When giving gifts in a business setting, it is important to also be mindful of the following:
- The purpose of the gift: Why are you giving this gift? Is it a reward, a thank you, something else?
- The recipient’s relationship to your company: How well do you know the recipient?
- The recipient’s culture: What are the cultural norms around gift giving in the recipient’s country or region?
Corporate Incentives and Gifts
Corporate incentives and corporate gifts are two different but related concepts. Incentives are rewards that are given to employees or clients in order to motivate them to achieve a specific goal. For example, you could offer gift certificates as a reward for employees who meet certain sales or customer service milestones. It’s also a great idea to give gifts to clients as a way of thanking them for their business (and incentivize future partnership).
Corporate gifts, on the other hand, are given as a way of showing appreciation or goodwill. It’s a great way to simply say, “thank you.”
Either way, gifts work! Check out our Big List of Employee Gift Ideas – free!
High Quality Employee Gift Ideas
There are a wide variety of corporate gifts that you can give to your employees and clients. Some popular employee gift ideas include:
- Gift cards/certificates to popular retailers (especially grocery stores!)
- Food and beverages
- Personalized items
- Experiences such as tickets to sporting events or concerts.
Also keep in mind to choose gifts are appropriate for the occasion and on-brand with your corporate culture. It’s also important to choose high-quality gifts. An overabundance of logoed trinkets or cheap giveaways are a waste of money. At gThankYou, we believe that practical gifts are always the best, providing ways to save your employees both time and money.
Think about what you’d like to receive — it’s a great way to start!
Learn More About gThankYou Certificates of Gratitude
Learn More About gThankYou!