Everyone loves this time of year — wrapping up school, planting flowers, planning summer trips and simply enjoying the outdoors. The last few summers weren’t as carefree, so we want to help YOU make summertime at work FUN again! Here are some creative ideas from our 2022 Day-to-Day Employee Celebration Calendar to help.
Top 10 Ways to Make Summertime at Work Special Again:
- Celebrate LGBTQ+ Month with free flags and T-shirts for employees.
- Host an ice cream or food truck once a week.
- Present employees with a summer-themed gratitude journal.
- Host a family day at a local park with food, games, and music.
- Rent out a public pool or amusement park.
- Organize a few morning walks with leadership — exercise AND good one-on-one time.
- Have a summer reading program with incentives at the end of the summer. Remember that? Everyone loves to read for a personal pizza! Bonus points for books on business, leadership, and personal development.
- Incentivize employees to volunteer hours, walk miles, donate clothing, or do something else positive. Offer grand prizes that will bring on the heat of competition.
- Take a poll on what would make casual Fridays cool again. What do your employees crave?
- Give everyone gift certificates for ice cream, groceries or candy!
It’s important to remember that employee appreciation is a year-long endeavor. It’s a long time until the holidays, and it’s best not to wait to say, “thank you.”
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE calendar, it’s never too late. We have a variety of resources to help keep employee recognition and workplace well-being front-and-center every single month of the year.
Learn More About gThankYou Certificates of Gratitude:
Learn More About gThankYou!