Last year, workplace Halloween festivities took place virtually. Despite the distance — and perhaps the initial awkwardness of dressing up for a Zoom party — events everywhere were successful! Halloween is a favorite holiday for many, offering an opportunity to tap into creativity and kid-like behaviors (candy binge, anyone?). In our current environment, everyone appreciates a chance to relax and have fun at work.
In this new world of work, Halloween may continue to be a hybrid event. Some workplaces will resume all-things-Halloween, with elaborate decorations, cutthroat costume contests and sugar-laden parties. Others are still remote, but with full intentions of celebrating. Either way, the options to have Halloween fun are endless.
Delight hard-working staff with a Halloween activity or celebration this year. You’ll all appreciate the chance to engage over something fun.
“The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.”
– Paula Curan
Spooktacular Ideas for your Halloween Festivities
Last year, we created downloadable Zoom backgrounds for online Halloween festivities. Due to demand, they ARE available again this year (see below). Other possible ideas to bring Halloween to your team members include:
- Host a good old-fashioned costume party – in-person and/or remotely. Provide inexpensive gifts for creative costume categories such as creepiest, most outlandish and best-boss-lookalike.
- Put out Halloween snacks and treats in the office. Take a pulse survey to see which favorites are in high-demand. Do a blindfolded taste test! Send all employees Candy Gift Certificates a week early so they can stock up for the neighborhood!
- Have a decoration party! Offer to buy seasonal decor so everyone can get into the spirit.
- Hold a pet costume contest. Zoom meetings introduced a lot of pets to colleagues. Ask everyone to send in pictures or host a pet Zoom party where furry friends can show off their outfits. Give winners a gift certificate to a local pet store.
- Sponsor a local shelter, after-school program or food bank. Volunteer in costume, bring treats and help others in your community enjoy the holiday.
- Throw an outdoor family event and offer pumpkins, carving tools, food and drinks. Do you have remote workers? Send them carving stencils and a grocery store voucher to buy the rest of the supplies.
- Arrange for fall plants/flowers to be available to take home. It will make the building look festive and serve as a great giveaway! Set up a time for remote workers to pick up their plant gifts at a nearby Home Depot or local nursery.
- Hand out Halloween gift bags – fill ’em up with glow sticks, glow-in-the-dark balloons, mini gourds and a gift certificate. Check out See’s Candies for inspiration.
- Help each other. Nominate coworkers who could use some help with fall projects. Then go out together to rake leaves, deliver groceries or a home-cooked meal, or decorate team members’ front doors. Provide reusable water bottles as an environmentally friendly memento of the service day.
Halloween is unique in that it brings joy in a different way than other holidays. Ask colleagues for ideas and preferences and be sure to include all shifts and remote workers in the fun. If you love spider webs, haunted houses and Halloween candy (or not), there are many people who will revel in the celebration!
Share your Halloween thanks and a sweet treat
If you are looking for something easy to do that works for everyone, why not share a gift voucher for employees’ candy of their choice and a Halloween themed card that reminds them that they are awesome and you appreciate everything they do for the business?
Order gThankYou Candy Gift Certificates online or over the phone at 888-484-1658. They come in affordable $5 and $10 values so it won’t break your budget. Share them alone with a big smile or tuck them in a Halloween basket of fun. Orders ship same day if ordered by early afternoon. You can have yours as early as tomorrow.
All orders come with FREE customizable gift Enclosure Cards for your personal message. You can even send us artwork to customize your spooky card.
Free Halloween Zoom backgrounds
By now, everyone knows how to use a background in Zoom. Spice it up for your team with a Halloween theme! Feel free to use these free Zoom backgrounds below:
However you decide to celebrate, we wish you a most fun and happy Halloween season!
Learn More About gThankYou!