Good old-fashioned pie continues to be the quintessential holiday treat. It is perfect for dessert, as a snack, or even as breakfast with a rich cup of coffee. Traditionally, after enjoying a juicy turkey and savory side dishes like stuffing and potatoes, a sweet bite is just what everyone craves. To answer that call, we offer pie gift certificates to send to employees and other stakeholders whom you would like to thank for their support and hard work throughout the year. With their delicate nature, pies are not easy to transport, let alone ship. Pie gift certificates offer the best-case scenario for sending a sweet gesture of gratitude. With gThankYou, sending pie as a holiday gift is actually easy as pie!
Sharing a Pie = Holiday Happiness
According to The Pie Council, here are the top purchased pies for the holidays:
1. Pumpkin Pie: Pumpkin pie is a classic American holiday dessert made with a flaky crust and a sweet, pumpkin filling. With just the right amount of spice, it’s a smooth finish to meals of all kinds. Pumpkin pie is often served with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
2. Apple Pie: Apple pie is made with a flaky crust and a delicious, apple filling. FUN FACT: the first apple pie recipe was printed over 630 years ago in England in 1381. Later, it became popular in the American colonies in the early 1600s, when the Pilgrims brought apple seeds from England to plant trees around the New World.
3. Pecan Pie: Pecan pie is a Southern American tradition that dates back to the early 1800s. History states that French settlers in New Orleans combined their knowledge of pastry with the native pecan nuts, quickly becoming a popular dessert throughout the South. Pecan pie continues to be an expected part of many family feasts.
4. Cherry Pie: Cherry pie is a sweet and tart holiday dessert that provides a gorgeous pop of color to the holiday dessert table. Cherry pie was once considered a luxury dessert because cherries were difficult to grow and transport. In fact, in the early 1800s, a single cherry pie could cost up to $10, which is equivalent to over $200 today. However, cherry pie became more affordable in the late 1800s, when improved transportation methods made it easier to transport them long distances.
5. Mincemeat Pie: Mincemeat pie is a popular British holiday dessert. Mincemeat is a mixture of dried fruits, nuts, and spices and often served with brandy butter. (BBC Food)
Other Popular Holiday Pies Include:
- Blueberry Pie
- Boysenberry Pie
- Chocolate Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Peach Pie
- Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
How to Send Pie as a Holiday Gift
If you think a pie is the perfect holiday gift, call us today or place an order online!
Pie certificate values come in $5 and $10 with same-say shipping for orders received by 3PM (CT), Monday-Friday. Certificates are good for any brand of pie, cake, cheesecake or similar items — fresh from the bakery or frozen section. Recipients can redeem their pie certificate at virtually any U.S. grocery store chain.
To make it more personal, gThankYou includes FREE Enclosure Cards with your custom message and logo (if desired). See our catalogs here.
Learn More about gThankYou
- Check out our Home Page
- See all our Gift Certificate Choices
- Watch our ‘About Us’ Video
- See what customers say in our Case Studies
- Look at our FAQ
- See our FREE customizable ‘thank you’ cards
- Reach us at 888-484-1658 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About gThankYou!