The holidays are often a time to take stock. What’s working? What’s not? How can we improve the human experience?
One way to look at how employees, partners, volunteers and others are treated is to look at how their needs are addressed all year long. Organizations likely have an HR department or someone who is charged with ensuring that people are safe, paid, and generally taken care of. However, it’s a useful exercise to think through this lens for gift-giving, too. Everyone has “wish lists,” but what do people really need to live … and live well?
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs applies well to understanding what people really need. According to Simply Psychology, here are some takeaways:
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is a motivational theory in psychology comprising a five-tier model of human needs, often depicted as hierarchical levels within a pyramid.
- The five levels of the hierarchy are physiological, safety, love/belonging, esteem, and self-actualization.
- Lower-level basic needs like food, water, and safety must be met first before higher needs can be fulfilled.
- Few people are believed to reach the level of self-actualization, but we can all have moments of peak experiences
- The order of the levels is not completely fixed. For some, esteem outweighs love, while others may self-actualize despite poverty. Our behaviors are usually motivated by multiple needs simultaneously.
- Applications include workplace motivation, education, counseling, and nursing.
How Gift Certificates Address Multiple Needs
The perfect gifts for thanking employees need to be useful, and food gift certificates can specifically satisfy many of these needs. For example, they can:
- Address physiological needs: Food is essential for survival, so food gift certificates can help people meet their basic needs for sustenance.
- Enhance safety needs: Food can provide a sense of security and comfort, so food gift certificates can help people feel more secure and protected.
- Strengthen social connections: Food is often shared with others, so food gift certificates can help people connect with loved ones and build social bonds.
- Boost self-esteem: Receiving a gift, especially one that is practical and useful, can boost self-esteem.
- Contribute to self-actualization: Food can be a source of pleasure and enjoyment, and it can also be used to explore new cultures and cuisines.
In addition, food gift certificates are a relatively inexpensive way to show someone that you care. They can also be given to a wide variety of people, regardless of their age, gender, or socioeconomic status.
Overall, food gift certificates are a versatile and effective way to meet many of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. They are a thoughtful and meaningful gift that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, backgrounds, and socioeconomic status.
Holiday Gift Certificates Available
At gThankYou, we provide many choices to help meet our customers’ needs, too. We are able to customize orders based on budget, locations, timing, and personal preferences. Our most common holiday gift certificates include:
Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates – Considered by many customers to be the best food gift certificates available because recipients can choose the perfect centerpiece for their holiday or special meal. gThankYou Certificates let the employees decide which brand, size, or preparation is best for them. Givers are able to call or buy certificates online in values of: $10, $15, $20, $25, $30
Grocery Gift Certificates – An up and coming favorite choice of food gift vouchers for employees because recipients choose their food items for their holiday meal! These company gift certificates also make great tokens of appreciation for employees and customers throughout the entire year. Say thanks, with America’s Best Gift Certificates, in a practical and enjoyable way that everyone will appreciate. Also available in values from $10 to $30.
Pie Gift Certificates are a great way to give your employees a sweet treat all year round! Values available: $5, $10
Visit our gift certificate page for more options.
Invest in The People’s Fundamental Needs
Expressing gratitude to your colleagues during the holidays is not just a courtesy; it’s an investment in your team’s success and overall workplace culture. By taking the time to show appreciation, you can boost morale, strengthen relationships, and create a more positive and productive work environment for everyone.
Learn More about gThankYou
- Check out our Home Page
- See all our Gift Certificate Choices
- Watch our ‘About Us’ Video
- See what customers say in our Case Studies
- Look at our FAQ
- See our FREE customizable Gratitude cards
- Reach us at 888-484-1658 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About gThankYou!