While summer is often thought to be the season of lighter fare, one look at a typical cook-out proves this conventional wisdom false. Calorie laden burgers, sausages and the cold treats and beverages that accompany them are typical menu items at many back-yard barbecues and neighborhood grill-outs.
For a winning July 4th grill-out, add tasty options that are not so heavy. turkey burgers and marinated turkey tenders have proven to be real crowd pleasers. There are many ways to customize either dish. Turkey Tenderloin can be grilled alone, or in a festive kabob-style with vegetables of your choice while many flavor enhancers liven up turkey burgers once thought as bland.
For best flavor, use lump charcoal if you’re grilling on a Weber or other charcoal grill. It produces higher heat and gives food a great smoky character. Soaked mesquite wood chips will produce a similar smoky flavor if you prefer to use a gas grill. Both of these are now widely available at many grocers.
Get inspiration with these ideas to create your Best July 4th Cook out with tasty turkey burgers and tenders:
- Food Network’s Dana Angelo gives Tips on Making Flavorful Turkey Burgers including concoctions with sun-dried tomatoes & black olives, and Balsamic vinegar & onions in the Seattle Times.
- This Southwest Turkey Burger was a winner in the papers first ever Battle of the Burgers.
- Asian Marinated Turkey Tenderloin can be served on a bed of Napa cabbage and rice.
- Make a sandwich with Iowa’s Grilled Turkey Tenderloin.
- For a showier presentation, try Turkey Tenderloin Kebabs.
Share with us your winning 4th of July grill tips. And Happy July 4th from all of us at gThankYou!
Learn More About gThankYou!
- Building a Culture of Gratitude (70)
- How to Write an Employee Thank You Letter (11)
- Holiday Employee Appreciation Ideas (48)
- Recipes (16)
- Your gThankYou Certificate (2)
- gTY Archives (854)