Employee thank you gifts are appreciated anytime! With summer fast approaching, why not take advantage of the warm weather and joy of the season to share gratitude in your workplace?
After all, as David Horsager, author of The Trust Edge, writes in a Forbes article, “Your Most Powerful Forgotten Weapon: Gratitude,” if we only think about gratitude at Thanksgiving, “we overlook the immense power of practicing it daily, especially in a business context.”
His research shows that gratitude makes a difference, and that people don’t require grand gestures, just heartfelt ones.
“Simple but genuine thank yous or small, handwritten notes of appreciation can mean the world to people.”
Simple, small, appreciative: means a whole lot more than monetary gifts! As Mike Michalowicz, CEO of consulting firm Provendus Group, writes in “101 Ways to Reward Employees (Without Giving Them Cash)”:
“Cash has proven to be a short-term motivator for employees. Save yours and try one of these more meaningful (and less expensive) ways to show them you care.”
SIX Summer Ideas for Employee Thank You Gifts
- Flip Flop Day. If your team has reached an important goal, allow them to wear flip flops as a fun way to recognize success.
- The Oscars. Have your own annual Academy Awards ceremony to show employees gratitude.
- Picnic Basket. Thank top employees with a lunch in a picnic basket and invite their significant others to enjoy it with them during a long lunch break.
- Summer Treats. Give gift certificates—such as gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude for Ice Cream or Pie with one of our free summer enclosure cards. Or leave the gift certificates on employees’ desks with a note that says, “Thanks for all your hard work. I noticed!”
- Employee Appreciation Barbecue. Hold an outside summer barbecue where you cook for employees.
- A Dunk Machine. Set up a dunking machine in your parking lot. Let your employees throw softballs and dunk you in your business attire.
A Simple Thank You Note
In “Thank You Gift Ideas for Your Child’s Teacher,” The Educators’ Spin On It offers ideas for great summer employee thank you gifts!
One teacher received a beach towel and bag along with a personal note. Another appreciated a big plastic tumbler filled with single-serving ice tea and lemonade packets—and a handwritten thank you note—with a bow around it.
The power of a sincere thank you can’t be overstated. And everyone appreciates a small gift.
Show Respect Every day
But while gifts are great, Michalowicz reminds us that nothing beats day-to-day encouragement and gratitude.
“Show Respect in Everything You Do and Say. All your hard work and appreciation of an employee can be destroyed in an instant if you yell at them, disrespect or belittle them in private or public. They won’t remember the 100 times you said you appreciated them. They’ll remember the one time you didn’t. Bite your tongue, smile and always show respect regardless of your personal feelings.”
You got this! Break out the sunglasses and show your employees some appreciation this summer.
For more great tips and insights into building a vibrant culture of gratitude, engagement and appreciation, be sure to download our free e-book, “The Ultimate Guide to Employee Gift-Giving.”
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Gift Certificates and Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou! are two of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any Brand (Turkey or Turkey Or Ham), at virtually any Grocery Store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and our free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo. And, nearly all orders ship same day.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Contact: Rick Kiley, Chief ThankYou! Officer, gThankYou, LLC at email@example.com or 888-484-1658.
Follow the Company Blog – “Celebrating Work”.
Join the Conversation @gThankYou
Watch our gThankYou! YouTube Video – “Learn More About Us”.
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.
Learn More About gThankYou!