The garden and markets are bursting with a bounty of fabulous veggies this time of year. But the shorter days of Autumn call me to the soup pot for sustenance. With so many great ways to jazz up fresh veggie soups using perfectly seasoned hams, it’s hard to know where to begin.
My hands-down favorite is Julia Child’s Potato Leek Soup, or Potage Parmentier. It’s dead simple and downright good with many variations, including tossing in ham at the end! gThankYou! to one of my favorite public radio personalities, Lynne Rossetto Kasper, host of The Splendid Table, for Julia’s recipe.
Here are a few other suggestions to get you started:
- Harvest Potato Vegetable Soup, with a gThankYou! to Organic Valley Coop.
- Roasted Vegetable Soup with Ham, with a gThankYou! to The Paper Apron.
- Smoked Ham, Barley and Vegetable Soup, with a gThankYou! to Epicurious.
Bon Appétit!Rick Kiley is President of gThankYou, LLC, based in Madison, WI. gThankYou® Certificates of Gratitude™ are one way savvy companies recognize employees’ great work at Holiday Time. The company is best known for its Turkey Gift Certificates, Ham Gift Certificates, and Grocery Gift Cards.
Learn More About gThankYou!
- Building a Culture of Gratitude (71)
- How to Write an Employee Thank You Letter (11)
- Holiday Employee Appreciation Ideas (48)
- Recipes (16)
- Your gThankYou Certificate (2)
- gTY Archives (854)