January 23 is National Pie Day! What a great day for workplace thank you’s.
Pies are fun, festive and full of good feelings. When someone shares a pie with you, it’s not only a treat – it makes you feel valued. Take advantage of all those good feelings and share your workplace gratitude. Everyone will benefit from the winter pick-me-up!
Workplace thank you’s don’t need to be expensive or complicated, just sincere and timely. Miss National Pie Day, no worries. Throw a pie party when it’s the right time for your workplace – when your team has completed a vital project, brought in an important sale or closed out a successful quarter. Or, delight everyone with a surprise pie party! Want a pie gift employees can share with their families? Give gThankYou! Pie Gift Certificates, good for any brand of pie at virtually any U.S. grocery store. An easy, affordable gift that everyone will certainly enjoy!
As SnackNation’s website reminds us in “33 Amazing Employee Recognition Ideas You Need to Be Using”:
“Companies who have implemented employee recognition programs have identified an increase of 20% in business outcomes and 50% higher levels of productivity from their workers.”
There are so many ways to deliver sincere workplace thank you’s. Here are some real-life ideas in SnackNation’s post, including our three favorites:
- Cloud 9 Living keeps a “‘G Book of good stuff” all employees are encouraged to write in, recognizing colleagues for extra efforts. During weekly meetings, leadership reads entries from the past week.
- The Motley Fool uses the app YouEarnedIt to create a culture of appreciation. Employees award their peers gaming “gold”—good toward merchandise awards—for achievements.
- Consulting firm The Frontier Project practices on-the-spot recognition. Its leaders recognize good performance through informal, frequent positive workplace thank you’s for specific behaviors—during a conversation, via email, or a handwritten note.
But seriously, how much fun would a pie party be?
And don’t forget in your toolkit of recognition tricks, that nothing feels better than helping others. Consider giving your employees time off to help out at a local food pantry. Buy pies and serve them in honor of your own pie day!
The point is, workplace thank you’s are important throughout the year—on National Pie Day and every day!
Want more information from HR experts on how to engage, recognize and retain employees? Download our FREE guide to “The Top 20 Employee Engagement Blogs You Should Be Reading” and start inspiring your workplace today!
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Gift Certificates and Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou! are two of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any brand (Turkey or Turkey Or Ham), at virtually any grocery store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and our free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo. And, nearly all orders ship same day.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Contact: Rick Kiley, Chief ThankYou! Officer, gThankYou, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-609-2234.
Follow the Company Blog — “Celebrating Work”.
Join the Conversation @gThankYou
Watch our gThankYou! YouTube Video — “Learn More About gThankYou”.
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.
Learn More About gThankYou!
- Building a Culture of Gratitude (71)
- How to Write an Employee Thank You Letter (11)
- Holiday Employee Appreciation Ideas (48)
- Recipes (16)
- Your gThankYou Certificate (2)
- gTY Archives (854)