Easy Employee Thank You Gifts Your Staff Will Love
Looking for easy employee Thank You gifts that foster a culture of workplace gratitude? The secret to simplified, effective employee gift-giving is twofold: personalization and a “Thank You!” message.
Even small gifts will be appreciated if you share them in the spirit of gratitude.
Often, companies make the common mistake of giving out of obligation or simply to impress employees.
The most impressive employee gifts, though, are modest! Gift certificates or a bouquet of flowers the whole office can enjoy are great examples — they take into account what employees really want and are shared in a way that conveys authentic appreciation. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the number-one reason people leave their jobs is because they “do not feel appreciated.”
So make your appreciation of employees clear in your workplace! Read on for simple steps in giving easy employee Thank You gifts.
How to Choose and Personalize Easy Employee Thank You Gifts
The best employee Thank You gifts are practical and meaningful. Look for gifts that:
1) Bring joy to as many people as possible. Is it a gift your employee can enjoy with family and friends?
2) Bring meaning into your employee’s life. Knickknacks will likely end up in a yard sale or collecting dust on a shelf. Instead, choose gifts that have useful applications — a nice pen, amusement park tickets for the whole family, quality snacks for sharing, etc.
3) Makes the recipient’s life easier. The holidays are a hectic time for everyone, so choose gifts that lighten the load! Chose gifts that are practical, useful, or easy to enjoy. Avoid gifts that are heavy, cumbersome, require refrigeration or otherwise burden the recipient.
4) Take local customs and individual preferences into account. If you’re unsure what your team might appreciate, ask! Listening to employee feedback is an important part of any appreciation program.
Once you’ve got your employee gifts picked out, be sure to personalize each gift with a Thank You card.
Easy Ways to Share Gifts with Gratitude
You’ve got the right gifts and a stack of personalized Thank You cards — now for the critical part of employee gift-giving: sharing with gratitude!
First, take a step back. It’s important to practice gratitude every day in your company. We’re not talking about party balloons, gold-star stickers and free lunch every day — just regular, sincere acknowledgement of employees’ hard work. If your holiday gift message is the only time your employees hear “Thank You,” they may be suspicious when you finally do say it. Make your sincere intention clear by thanking your employees more often!
Next, decide on an effective, practical way to deliver your message of gratitude. What works best for your company depends on size and organization. Your gift and message of gratitude can be delivered with:
- A handwritten Thank You note
- A public acknowledgement at an employee event or on your company social media accounts
- A handshake and one-on-one “Thank You” from your CEO, regional manager or other company leader.
Ensure a smooth gift-giving process by involving managers at every level. They should fully understand the value of recognition! Coach your managers in the power of recognition and give them hands-on opportunities to practice sharing gratitude, like a Thank You note-writing workshop. The more supported your management team feels to share gratitude, the more frequent and effective their recognition will be!
Learn more about harnessing the power of workplace gratitude in our popular free eBook, “Transform Your Workplace with Gratitude.” Click the image below and start transforming your workplace today!
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Gift Certificates and Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou! are two of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any Brand (Turkey or Turkey Or Ham), at virtually any Grocery Store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and our free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo. And, nearly all orders ship same day.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Contact: Rick Kiley, Chief ThankYou! Officer, gThankYou, LLC at [email protected] or 888-970-6773.
Follow the Company Blog – “Celebrating Work”.
Join the Conversation @gThankYou
Watch our gThankYou! YouTube Video – “Learn More About Us”.
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.