Cooking Your Thanksgiving Turkey: FREE Cookbook
By cooking your Thanksgiving turkey, you’re taking part in a tradition that goes back hundreds of years. Each generation enjoys sharing the secrets to cooking their family recipe to the perfect Thanksgiving turkey.
The Thanksgiving meal is one of America’s most beloved traditions, and sharing a turkey as the centerpiece to the meal is a tradition that has its roots in the first Thanksgiving feast shared by Pilgrims and Native Americans in 1621.
In the 400 years since then, “the essence of Thanksgiving has remained the same,” as Melanie Kirkpatrick, author of Thanksgiving: The Holiday at the Heart of the American Experience tells us.
That essence of Thanksgiving is gratitude.
Gratitude is “impressed on the American spirit,” Kirkpatrick says. “What it means to be American includes generosity. … On Thanksgiving Day, the definition of family is very elastic — it includes everybody in your circle. If there’s a single person at work who doesn’t have a place to go for the holiday, it’s taken for granted that one of his colleagues will ask him to join his or her family for dinner. It’s built into our DNA after all these years!”
If you are new to cooking your Thanksgiving turkey, gThankYou has free resources with tips and recipes for a successful, delicious holiday meal.
Whether you’re cooking your Thanksgiving turkey for immediate family, for a big extended family, for a church or community gathering, or for a Friendsgiving potluck — read on for resources to help guide the way.
Free Tips for Cooking Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Gratitude comes naturally … but cooking skills don’t always. That’s why we designed our turkey cookbook, “The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Guide,” for all skill levels.
It has the basics for novice cooks but is advanced enough for even seasoned home cooks to learn a thing or two.
Best of all, it’s free to download!
Tips for Turkey Shopping
- What size of turkey should I buy?
- Fresh or frozen?
- Commercial, free-range, heritage, natural, organic, self-basted or kosher?
- When should I buy it?
- If the turkey is frozen, how should I thaw it? How long will it take?
- Where does the thermometer go?
How to Cook
- Should I make traditional roasted, deep-fried or smoked turkey?
- How long should it cook?
- How will I know when it’s done?
The Fine Art of Carving
- Should I carve the turkey as soon as it’s done? Why?
- What tools do I need?
Serving Your Turkey to Guests
- How should I arrange the turkey on a platter?
- What are some creative garnishes I could use?
- What if the gravy gets lumpy?
What to Do with Leftovers
- What’s the best way to store leftover turkey?
- How can I serve great-tasting recipes using leftover turkey?
- What’s the ultimate turkey sandwich?
Download “The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Guide” to learn more.
For other valuable free resources, check out “Learning How to Brine a Turkey” via the PartSelect Blog, “How to Cook a Turkey” by the Kitchn and “How to Plan and Cook Thanksgiving” by the food writers with The New York Times.
Cooking Your Thanksgiving Turkey: Our 10 Best Blog Posts
Looking for even more Turkey Day inspiration? Check out these gThankYou blog posts:
- Thanksgiving Turkey: Where Does the Thermometer Go?
- How to Tell When a Thanksgiving Turkey Is Done
- Choosing a Turkey
- Turkey 911: Top Tips for Thanksgiving
- Quick Tips on Saucing Your Thanksgiving Turkey
- 9 Great Tips for Roasting Turkey
- How to Pick Your Perfect Turkey at the Grocery Store
- Take a Culinary Tour of the U.S. with Your Thanksgiving Turkey
- 5 Can’t-Miss Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 4 Creative Ways to Spice Up Your Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner
If you haven’t redeemed your gThankYou! Turkey Gift Certificate — or gThankYou! Turkey or Ham Gift Certificate — and have questions on how to do it, read our recent post on how to redeem gThankYou Gift Certificates.
We wish you a happy, healthy and delicious Thanksgiving!
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Gift Certificates and Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou are two of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any brand (Turkey or Turkey Or Ham), at virtually any grocery store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and our free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo. And, nearly all orders ship same day.
Learn More About gThankYou – Watch Our “About Us” Video:
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.