Helping your holiday ham taste its best.
Sometimes foods with distinct flavors need counterpoints to bring out the best taste combinations. Whether it’s strong coffee in barbecue sauce, a pinch of hot pepper in Mexican cocoa, or a splash of balsamic vinegar on a bowl of freshly sliced strawberries, these culinary marriages will delight your taste buds!
Such is the case with ham. . . salty, smoky, and succulent it pairs wonderfully with sour fruit (pineapple, orange, cranberries, currants, rhubarb), sweet elements (brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, even cola!) and spices (cloves, mustard, allspice, ginger, cinnamon).
Your guests will enjoy ham with a new twist, using one of these tasty glazes. Not only will it give your ham a delicious flavor, the glaze keeps it moist and juicy while it bakes. Which one will you try first?
- Honey gives glazes a sweet base. Try these interesting varieties such as
Honey Balsamic Fig or Pineapple Honey Adobo (right) from The Nibble.
- Rhubarb and ginger combine to give this Bon Appétit Baked Ham with Mustard-Red Currant Glaze and Rhubarb Chutney some kick! If rhubarb is difficult to find, try mango for an interesting twist.
- The perfect blend of sweet and spicy – and so easy to make! This great recipe for Pomegranate Jalapeno Glazed Ham comes from chef Akasha Richmond of restaurant Akasha in L.A., care of Food & Wine Magazine.
- A gThankYou! favorite from Minnesota’s own Lucia Watson; Cider-Soaked and Brown Sugar Glazed ham from her cookbook, Savoring the Seasons of the Northern Heartland.
- Hard to beat, Emeril Lagasse’s
Sugarcane Baked Ham with Spiced Apples and Pears. (Thanks to FoodNetwork.com.) This glaze gets its sweet notes from molasses, corn syrup and sugar cane!
Enjoy! Let us know your favorite ham glaze we forgot to include.
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou! are one of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any Brand whole Turkey or half or whole Ham, at virtually any Grocery Store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo, and ship same day.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Contact: Rick Kiley, Chief ThankYou! Officer, gThankYou, LLC at email@example.com or 888-484-1658.
Follow the Company Blog – “Celebrating Work”.
Watch our gThankYou! YouTube Video – “Learn More About Us”.
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.
Learn More About gThankYou!