They say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. And do you really want Jack the dullard working for you?
Wouldn’t you rather have Jack the well-rounded employee, engaged in his work because he has time and energy for a fulfilling family life and outside interests aside from work?
At gThankYou!, we think so. October is National Work and Family Month, as designated in 1993 U.S. Senate Resolution 210, so now is a great time to help employees balance their work lives and home lives. David J. Thompson, a noted author and speaker on work-life balance, cites a survey showing 70% of CEOs think they couldn’t remain competitive if they didn’t help employees do so.
Employees’ lives are more complex, hurried and filled with responsibilities than ever today, and you, as an employer, can help ease the burden.
As Thompson says, “Examine what you expect from your employees and what you can offer to help them balance work and personal lives. Consider adopting policies and programs that promote the life side of the equation. A little sensitivity and effort on your part can significantly help with morale and company commitment.” Here are 25 ways you can improve employees’ work-life balance starting today!
25 Ways to Improve Employees’ Work-Life Balance
Flexible work options
- Make deadlines realistic
- Use employees’ skills wisely
- Review and improve processes regularly
- Provide needed tools and supplies
- Minimize interruptions
- Concierge services
- Shopping services
- On-site laundry/dry cleaning pickup/delivery
- On-site community supported agriculture programs
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plans
- Long-term care insurance
- Paid sick leave
- Paid and unpaid disability leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Show your employees you value them by offering timely, practical recognition.
- Holiday gifts they can use.
- Everyday gifts to reward peak performance.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, WI and produces America’s favorite meaningful, affordable and convenient employee gifts. gThankYou!® Certificates of Gratitude™ are one way savvy companies demonstrate commitment to valued employees and customers. The company is best known for its Turkey Gift Certificates, Ham Gift Certificates, Turkey or Ham Gift Certificates and Grocery Gift Cards. Other Favorites include our Ice Cream and Pie Gift Certificates.
Learn More About gThankYou!
- Building a Culture of Gratitude (70)
- How to Write an Employee Thank You Letter (11)
- Holiday Employee Appreciation Ideas (48)
- Recipes (16)
- Your gThankYou Certificate (2)
- gTY Archives (854)