We make egg salad once a year. Bet you guessed that it’s the week following the annual visit from that famous bunny, who leaves colorful, hard-cooked eggs all around our house — in the yard if the snow isn’t too deep.
Likewise, I have favorite recipes I pull out annually following the big Holiday Ham Dinner. I make ‘em once a year and they’ve become almost as much a tradition as what we do on Easter itself.
In my estimation, there are probably about 101 ways to use up a bone-in ham. Boneless, too – although I favor a ham bone to make a rich soup stock.
Favorite Leftover Ham Recipes
While I love a thick sliced ham sandwich any day – here are our favorite ham dishes I rotate from year to year that I hope you love too. The great thing about ham is you can use it to make the ultimate in comfort food (think mac’ n cheese with ham) or dress it up in elegant appetizers or entrees!
- Nueske’s Black Beans with Smoked Ham and Rice
- Build-it yourself Ham Quiche
- Substitute any leftover ham in Jamie Oliver’s Rolled Bread with Ham
- Eat like a Senator with this versatile Senate Bean Soup
- For leftover eggs, you can’t beat this Curried Egg Salad a la Martha Stewart’s daughter, Alexis
More Recipe Choices
That’s not quite 101 leftover ham recipes so let’s include these tasty suggestions from good go-to resources to broaden your choices :
- 70 leftover ham recipes from Taste of Home
- 25 recipes from our favorites at Delish
- 37 choices from Cooking Light for using Ham leftovers
Send in your family favorites to info@gThankYou.com so we can include them on the blog! There are so many more than 101 choices.
Happy cooking and happy eating!
Learn More About gThankYou!
- Building a Culture of Gratitude (73)
- How to Write an Employee Thank You Letter (11)
- Holiday Employee Appreciation Ideas (48)
- Recipes (16)
- Your gThankYou Certificate (2)
- gTY Archives (854)