We make egg salad once a year. Bet you guessed that it’s the week following the annual visit from that famous bunny, who leaves colorful, hard-cooked eggs all around our house — in the yard if the snow isn’t too deep.
Likewise, I have favorite recipes I pull out annually following the big Holiday Ham Dinner. I make ‘em once a year and they’ve become almost as much a tradition as what we do on Easter itself.
In my estimation, there are probably about 101 ways to use up a bone-in ham. Boneless, too – although I favor a ham bone to make a rich soup stock. Here are the dishes I rotate from year to year:
- Nueske’s Black Beans with Smoked Ham and Rice
- Build-it yourself Ham Quiche
- Substitute any leftover ham in Jamie Oliver’s Rolled Bread with Ham
- Eat like a Senator with this versatile Senate Bean Soup
- For leftover eggs, you can’t beat this Curried Egg Salad a la Martha Stewart’s daughter, Alexis
Learn More About gThankYou!